Project Management Defined
Project management is a carefully planned and organised process to accomplish a successful end project. A project is defined as a one-time effort that produces a specific result, for example, a building, a defined product (eg a car) or a major new computer system.
Project management includes:
- defining and confirming the project goals and objectives
- developing a project plan
- identifying tasks and how goals will be achieved
- quantifying the resources needed
- determining budgets and timelines for completion
- managing the implementation of the project plan
- operating regular controls to ensure that there is accurate and objective information on performance relative to the plan
- and the mechanisms to implement recovery actions where necessary.
Effective Project Management is the key to successful delivery of complex Business and IT projects. We can provide you with highly experienced senior project managers with years of project management experience who can work with you to deliver your projects.
Alternatively, you can not only outsource your project management
to us, but we also have the skill sets and team to deliver a complete project.
Good project management is a fundamental discipline for the successful
delivery of any business project. Training in project management
is available from many sources. Here at JMR Consulting UK Limited
we highly recommend PRINCE 2 project management training and
certification from the APM.
Project Management in Action
We have worked very successfully with some of our major clients to
deliver fairly complex business projects. Here at JMR Consulting UK Ltd we promote the use of PRINCE 2 best practices on all our projects. If you want advice or help with your projects please contact us.